tHInk BIG!

Steal These 8 Donald Trump Ideas To Make It Big



Want to think big like Donald Trump? Here are the top 8 strategies that you need to steal from the Donald to think make it big.

1. Never Back Down

“I was relentless, even in the face of total lack of encouragement, because much more often than you’d think, sheer persistence is the difference between success and failure. When somebody challenges you, fight back. Be brutal, be tough, Just go get them. You can’t be scared. You do your thing, you hold your ground, you stand up tall, and whatever happens, happens. My experience is that if you’re fighting for something you believe in – even if it means alienating some people along the way – things usually work out for the best in the end. ”


2. Be A Tough Negotiator

“My style of deal-making is quite simple and straightforward. I aim very high, and then I just keep pushing and pushing and pushing to get what I’m after. Sometimes I settle for less than I sought, but in most cases I still end up with what I want.”


3. Do What You Love

“The most important thing in life is to love what you’re dong, because that’s the only way you’ll ever be really good at it. Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game. Without passion, you don’t have energy, without energy you have nothing.”


4. Think Big

“I like thinking big. I always have. If you’re going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big. Other people paint beautifully on canvas or write wonderful poetry. I like making deals, preferably big deals. Most people think small because most people are afraid of success, afraid of making decisions, afraid of winning. And that gives people like me a great advantage.”




5. Be Different

“Most of my people at first favoured putting paintings on the wall. To me that was old-fashioned, unoriginal, and just not very exciting. As it turned out, the waterfall proved to be an art form in itself, almost a sculptured wall. And it attracts far more attention than we’d have gotten if we’d put up even some very wonderful art. Sometimes it pays to be a little wild.”


6. Promote Yourself

“We took our strengths and promoted them to the skies. From day one, we set out to sell Trump Tower not just as a beautiful building in a great location but as an event. If you want to sell a car and you spend five dollars to wash and polish it and then apply a little extra elbow grease, suddenly you find you can charge an extra four hundred dollars, and get it. If you don’t tell people about your success, they probably won’t know about it. ”


7. Trust Your Gut

“Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. I’m a great believer in asking everyone for an opinion before I make a decision. I ask I ask I ask, until I begin to get a gut feeling about something. And that’s when I make a decision. I have learned much more from conducting my own random surveys than I could ever have learned from the greatest of consulting firms. It pays to trust your instincts.”


8. Be Great

“Somewhere out there are a few men with more innate talent at golf than Jack Nicklaus, or women with greater ability at tennis than Chris Evert or Martina Navratilova, but they will never lift a club or swing a racket and therefore will never find out how great they could have been. Instead, they’ll be content to sit and watch stars perform on television. What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.”

Comments

Popular Posts